View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Haven't noticed any unusual battery drainage with Logmein Ignition...I've found almost all iPad apps to be pretty good about battery life so far, even games, after a version or two (the original Angry Birds seemed to kill my iPad battery, but subsequent versions weren't an issue)

I really love the Screens demos as well-for some reason I had thought it was only for controlling Macs. If we weren't so invested in Logmein at work, I may have tried Screens instead. Actually, I still might

Dropbox is just a perfect adjunct to any VNC app-love it.
Nice to know about the battery life while running LogMeIn. I noticed in my PDAs the battery life drops fast when doing a heavy use session. But anymore I don't do much VNC to the laptop on the small handhelds. It's just too much zooming and other than transferring files I don't use it much. The PDAs also stink on ice for use when working remotely, just too old I suppose.

Yeah, give Screens a look as I believe there is a free trial. It would be interesting to see how it compares from your POV after so many years of LogMeIn. Funny I never had much need for any of these remote access options other than as a curiosity. But now with the various tablets and slate devices I really want to take advantage of their nice form factor and leave the bigger laptop on the desk out of my way.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote