View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #63
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikakushi View Post
Thank you. At step 4, when I try to update to factory image, the result is a broken screen (picture attached). If I click on the white rectangle, it restarts and gives the same result. Is this some sort of boot loop? Sorry for my noobness, I just couldn't identify the problem.
As above, once more put the special image to the usb-root and reboot.
If failed, try other Amazon firmware update file (e.g. 5.8.11) - this case will make jailbreak impossible but might rescue the device.

Do not use DO_FACTORY_RESTORE method - it will brick the device and finally close usb access to it, and only serial port will help.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote