View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
I'd suggest ditching the codes and going with the actual names in the columns, and possibly "rotating" it, so that the devices are the rows. That's the way Wikipedia seems to do it for comparisons and it makes it easier to tell what's going on...

I noticed that the Kindle has "N" in the "PalmDOC support" row -- does that just mean that the Kindle doesn't support non-BOOKMOBI PalmDOC files, or does it actually mean that it doesn't support BOOKMOBI files with PalmDOC compression?
Thanks for the suggestions. All of the other wiki tables in mobileread put the devices across the top. I will look into ditching the coded entries for a while unless the table gets too wide. For now it would be fine.

It seems that Amazon has failed to interpret the TEXt format as a legal format for reading. They could easily fix this but seem to have chosen not to I believe. Or perhaps they only ignore the .pdb extension. Someone will have to test this by changing the extension and trying it. I have found, for example, that they will read html files if they have a .txt extension so their parser seems a bit brain dead. I don't own one of these units so I am only reporting information from the forum where someone said they tried to read a palmdoc file and it would not work, but that was before I learned how dumb their parser was.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote