View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM   #28977
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead View Post
"Murderbot" series by Martha Wells - reads like a storyboard for a film, but such good fun!
I finished (and thoroughly enjoyed) the first four a little while back.

Partly due to encountering the author on Facebook, I’ve pulled Camille Bacon-Smith’s Daemon Eyes and A Legacy of Daemons (the complete series) off of my stack and started in on the first one. The three main characters (two demons and one’s half-human son) are alien enough that I’m having trouble sinking my teeth into the book for a good chew, but the short chapters mean that I can at least make progress with just a few minutes here and there.

After that, I’ve lined Tom Holt’s Only Human up for a reread, because his considerably more recent The Management Style of the Supreme Beings also features Kevin Christ, Dad, Jay, and Uncle Ghost, and that’s next on the list.

Following those… hard to say. I finally got a deal on two “K.J. Parker” Holt books, as well as the second of Stephen King’s Bill Hodges trilogy, and of course there’s the reconstructed “new” Heinlein book…
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote