View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #75
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
And with a book you have to imagine what things look like or how they sound whereas with a movie it's all done for you. To me that's a big part of books being a less passive activity.
The biggest mistake readers who visualize all the passages they're reading make is in assuming that everyone reads that way. We don't all turn books into movies that are playing in our heads (an analogy I've always found to be ironically suspect, by the way). So I can assure you that there's nothing "being done for me" when I watch TV.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-30-2019 at 05:03 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote