View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #73
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Watching TV or a movie is much more of a mentally passive activity than reading a book.
I would say that depends pretty heavily on what is being watched and who is doing the watching (or what is being read and who's doing the reading). I won't speak for everybody, but there's stuff I watch on television where I am waaaaaay more mentally engaged than I am when reading certain books. I'm listening to conversations, incorporating the dialog into the plot, predicting outcomes, etc... . The notion that everyone is deadly focused, and concentrating on every word as it passes their eyes when reading a book, yet are merely staring cross-eyed and slack-jawed at the pretty colors on the idiot box is pure hogwash. I am just as mentally engaged when watching TV as I am when I'm reading a book. If I weren't, I would be watching it. I'm not into mindless entertainment in any form. I enjoy thinking.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote