View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:13 PM   #63
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Mine started when I was given a gift of an ongoing series* of children's books. At the time I got the first one, I treated the books like trophies rather than something to actually read. My mom got angry and said if I didn't start reading them, she'd cancel my subscription.

I picked up book one...and never stopped reading again. Often wondered if she regretted that gift. Especially ironic because she never has been much of a reader.

*The series was called "The Happy Hollisters". We let a neighbor's grandchildren borrow them, and we never got them back. I always wanted a change to revisit them as an adult. Ah well.
I remember those! I probably read most of them through the library.

Editing to add that I just discovered there's a website https://thehappyhollisters.com

Last edited by 4691mls; 06-27-2019 at 10:19 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote