View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #11
Entry20
O
Entry20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite - 7th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
File preview colors are controlled by CSS, presumably your book has foreground color defined to black. Use either Inspect or the Live CSS tools to see where the colors is coming from. As far as I know, the editor does not itself define any colors.

That's right, but what's the default color of a page when you write it without style? It should be black on white background. In the calibre editor the default text color is black (CORRECT) and the background is transparent/driven by the window color which should not be like that.
Imagine going in the web browser (google chrome / opera / IE) and seeing all the pages with the background driven by the user's theme color (so those pages that don't have a backgound: white / background-color: white will have a dark background, that doesn't make sense, the theme should not change the software important part like the page).

I don't need to use Inspect as there is no value (background/background-color) added for the dark background. The background comes from the windows theme as the theme changes every software window (colors).

A simple fix would be to code in Calibre (if you have time) the background of the File preview to be white by default and black text by default. That would help a lot of people that use custom windows themes.

This is where you change the windows theme colors (so in my case dark background + white text instead of default white background + black text):

So this happens if you change the window color background:

So the summarize, the File preview background should be by default white background + black text and should not be changed by any theme. Just like google chrome, opera, etc. The user's windows theme doesn't change google.com background to dark grey (even if they didn't used background-color: white).

Last edited by Entry20; 03-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.
Entry20 is offline   Reply With Quote