Thread: MobileRead February 2017 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #13
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way I voted would have been different if we didn't have an open vote with a discussion.
Jon, I can only take this as meaning that you voted for a book you wouldn't have chosen because you're willing to read it. Great! That's how it's meant to work, getting people to agree on something they're all willing to read and discuss, rather than having a "my first choice or nothing" attitude.

Generally, I can group the nominations into three categories:
  • Books I'd like to read
  • Books I'm willing to read
  • Books I won't read*

Frankly, there would be few if any books in the last category if more people showed up for the discussions especially after voting for a book. I may or may not vote for books in the second category, depending on how many books I'm already voting for and what seem like likely contenders. Ultimately and IMO, the point is to maximize participation.

*There can be several reasons for this other than inherent lack of appeal, including price, availability, or my having read it in the not-so-distant past.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote