View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #59
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not interested in discussing it all that much. Suffice to say: I'm not fooling myself about anything (my eyes are wide open). I just don't place much value on what others seem to get all worked up about "losing." I don't think we ever "had" it in the first place, to be quite frank. You proselytizing about how valuable our privacy should be to us just doesn't move me. It's nothing personal; it's just what ftorres said: we have different value systems. Yours isn't mine and vice versa. So it goes.

My concerns about the practice being discussed in this thread are based exclusively on security. I don't care in the slightest what someone might try to glean about my reading habits. I care about whether or not the mechanisms for collecting said data leave my device vulnerable to virus/trojans, malware and rootkits.
Fair enough. I would point out that all the information gathered, when not secured, could become a potential security problem for you, either if that info is hacked, or the company goes defunct and decides to sell off your info. Do we really know the extent of the information collected from all these services?
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote