View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #54
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
And just to remember that there was once an uproar about MS documents archiving more data about the machine they were made on than needed. (like what printers you do have)
Long way from savvy and careful users we are now.
It's all about value systems.
Different people have different tolerances. A recent survey found that most people would rather have nude photos of them hacked and posted online than have personal financial data exposed. But a lot are the reverse.

As I said above, I don't mind Amazon knowing what books I read (or Microsoft know what printer I have--an HP5L, btw) but I would definitely object to them selling it to a third party or the government.

YMMV.

The only real common ground is informational: everybody should know what is being collected and what happens to it. But expecting everybody to react similarly is a hopeless task.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote