View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #121
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[GUI Plugin] ePub Merge not maintaining file order

Not sure if it's me or Sigil or the plugin, but when I ePubMerge a group of files the resulting super-epub's html files are not in the expected order when I open in Sigil

Seems to be related to some of the sub-epub file names being duplicated and ePubMerge creating it's own uniquified version names which sort wrong or are in the OFP/NCX wrong. I think that some of the references are also incorrect. The images, fonts, and style sheets are a possible issue also.

It might be worth considering a change to the plug in to make a first pass through each sub-ePub to rename the files and references to something that Sigil could order more better So if I'm merging 8 files and I've arranged them in order using the plugin, I could get a better starting point in Sigil

Top of my head example:

F01_0001_original nameABC.html
F01_0002_original nameDEF.html
F01_0003_original nameGHJ.html

F08_0099_original nameZXC.html
F08_0100_original nameDSA.html
F08_0101_original nameEWQ.html

and

F01_0001_original name.jpg

etc.

I've tried doing that manually and it sort of works some of the time, but not reliability

I would like to use ePub Merge since it seems to be a conveinent way to make a series into a single ePub that I can polish up in Sigil. Each book being a <h1> and the chapters or what not being <h2>

Paul

Last edited by phossler; 12-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote