View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It *might* be that the Java framework, which is responsible for the UI, is fully agnostic to the resolution (but in fact, I'm a bit sceptical about this). If this was the case, you could try to create a modified Linux kernel that offers a framebuffer device with a resolution set to fix your problem. But it would be a hacky mess to get there, admittedly.

As I said, the other part would be the Java framework. You can decompile it, but it has the names mangled. So this is a hacky mess, too.

Last option might be ebook settings. Maybe you can use Calibre or another tool to modify the ebooks instead of the device. However, I don't know if the Mobi format allows for individual settings of vertical margins. Maybe some format-guru knows more?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote