View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
asdfffdsa
asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: not sharing
Vertical margins / Change resolution / Letterbox?

Hello, I just bought a cheap Kindle 3 WiFi on ebay. The only problem with it is that a small portion of the upper left corner of the screen is cracked (this is why it was so cheap). Most of the time, this is not an issue, but some ebooks have the first word or two cut off. Rotating the display sideways helps, but I'm not very fond of this orientation.

Is there any way that I can change the vertical margins, change the resolution, or letterbox the output on the e-ink screen? I have installed usbnetwork and I have access to root. I've been rummaging through the init scripts but I don't really understand much of what I see (I'm only accustomed to basic X stuff).

Any pointers in the right direction are welcome.
asdfffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote