View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #191
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Finally got my Irex up and running again and installed the new DR800+. It is a shame it is running so well and Inigo and Mackx are helping us to improve the device all the time. Now what excuse do we have to buy a new device? Besides, nothing on the market now even comes close. I wonder why nobody makes 8" devices? Seems like the perfect reader/notebook size to me. My only regret is that the DR800 doesn't have a Pearl screen.
I fully agree. The DR is the best ereader.
My only wish would be to have a method to push some contents into the DR without pluging-in the usb cable...

Quote:
Thanks again Inigo, the newspaperdirect app now works perfectly. I was just wondering, is there a way to prevent it from shutting down automatically when switching to another tab? That way it would be possible, for example, to take notes. Now the app loses its position when closing and it takes quite a while to start up. My guess is that that would be difficult because of memory constraints?
We don't have pressreader sources so we can't do it. F.e. we could do the same with erbrowse or notepad applications, which closed themselves when switching to another task in DR800. Perhaps you could ask newspaperdirect creators...

Quote:
One question, why it is not possible to put programs (FBReader and XJournal come to mind) directly into shortcuts? Now we have to put the whole "Programs" directory into shortcuts.
Code doesn't allow. But it's very easy to change.
I'll include it in next version if DR800+.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote