View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can't have the same calibre library open on two computers at the same time. Sorry.

My "trick" with three copies of the library means that you don't have to shut down calibre on the 24/7 computer before you take a backup. But I also assume that you don't use the 24/7 computer to update anything.

I usually only save new books, after updating metadata, to a wifi share. And sync my device to that share. In principle the same scheme with three copies. Around 2500 books at the moment. I have ALL my (good) books on my main device. And use my reading app (Mantano) to browse among them. I have room for at least 4-5 thousand books more. Epubs don't take up much space. But long before then I expect that I wil have upgraded to some new device with more memory, or storage online.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote