View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #35345
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Preparing a sacrifice to the Road Gods... They spared me once again.
This afternoon I was going down the road, and I saw a car backing out of driveway. It was going slowly so I didn't pay it much attention. But as I got closer, I noticed that the driver, a teenaged girl, was texting on her mobile phone! I was going too fast to stop before the driveway, so I goosed the throttle and shot past it just in case she wasn't planning on stopping. Good thing too, as she cleared my back fender by about 50 centemeters and continued backing right across my lane and into the far lane where she T-boned a car! Thank you, Road Gods, for keeping me safe!

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Glad you're OK, Stitchawl.

Thank the road gods if you wish, but also congratulate yourself a little on your observation and defensive driving skills.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote