View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Anyway, this will cause the wait lists to go through the roof.
Quite possibly. But I don't think that artificially limiting who can check out an e-book is a good idea...and I think that having more people using library e-books may provide an incentive for the library to buy more.

Quote:
Also, I feel this may be unfair depending on how it's done. If Kindle users can borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get AZW back, then it really is unfair and should be stopped.
I don't see how this is unfair.
Quote:
Those of us that use ePub cannot borrow PDF or Mobipocket and get ePub. The other thing that may not be fair is that for the ePub users, sometimes we didn't get ePub if the library already had PDF and/or Mobipocket. So let's hope it's ePub only that Kindle users get to borrow.
Oh, it's only unfair because *Amazon* users may have access to some books that currently neither Amazon nor Epub users have easy access to. It doesn't *affect* epub users in any way, but because it helps Amazon users, its unfair. Even though it would have the effect of reducing wait lists...

Quote:

One change I feel Overdrive should do is set all the library borrowing times to 7 days and let the users change that to 14 days. 21 day borrowing times should be eliminated. Way too long given what we'll be soon facing.
This does make sense.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote