View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #34
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Hi

My theory, regarding the sqlite database, is that it is used on the Kobo because the iPhone and iPad use sqlite as an app's data storage.

If that is the case and if the kobo format book is indeed the same in the database of the iPhone, iPad and Kobo reader then there is a bug in the reader.

I have several books that include graphics and images that look fantastic in ePub format on the Kobo reader and on the iPhone/iPad apps but horrible in native kobo format. It would take some work to compare the contents of the iPhone's sqlite database to that of the reader (and the DRM may prevent it).

It would surprise me a great deal if the data sent to the kobo is different than that sent to the iPhone app (it does not make sense to maintain three copies of the book (ePub, Kobo sqlite and iPhone sqlite)) so I suspect that there is a bug in the reader.

I do what others mentioned, simply download the ePub. I would like the issue resolved though...

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote