View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Yiggy
Yiggy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Advice for a Sony 505 Noob with a Mac

Hi there! I just purchased a 505 over here in the UK and am keen to get up and running. I was well aware that the software did not support Macs out the box and that I would most likely have to use Calibre. Which is of course fine.

However I am a little confused when it comes to how to set up the machine to read DRM content and how to get it on there safely. From having a read around I guess the procedure I need to use is as follows...

1. Download the Sony Software onto a Windows PC and activate my device on that.

2. Download digital editions on either Windows OR my Mac and activate my device on that? Or is activating it in Sonys software all I need to do?

I can then use Calibre to manage my device and I can download Adobe digital editions content directly to my Mac and transfer over using Calibre? Is that right? What about Sonys store content? Or is that the same content as on digital editions? Or will Calibre not deal with DRM content at all? If its just drag and drop after that its fine.

I will be downloading lots of free stuff but I guess I want to be able to download purchased content as well so I just want to work out the best solution.

Then when downloading PDF or Epub content from other stores presumably I can just drag and drop onto the 505?

Sorry to sound like a Dullard but I am finding it all a little confusing. I thank you all for your help.
Yiggy is offline   Reply With Quote