View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #6
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
The Chinese press is loving this. They will go after any foreign company that does anything they perceive as wrong in order to deflect the constant criticism they face over everything.

That said, I took my Apple iPhone 4 into the Apple shop in Shanghai three months ago to get it fixed, since a weird brown spot appeared under the screen. They replaced the entire phone, except for the back plate. I assumed that this was the same for every country but reading about this, it seemed that in other countries, they simply replace the entire phone. Now, it is no big deal (other than the back of my phone is in rougher shape than the front) but the Chinese are extremely sensitive to this kind of stuff. Any hint that they are being treated differently because it is China is not taken lightly. Of course, the reverse is fair game. Sometimes you can see the dollar signs flashing under their eyes when they realize that a foreigner might buy something.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote