View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #1002
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I doubt you're ever going to see WPA-Enterprise support. It's just too much of a niche case. The Kobo devices are aimed at the home user... and the odds of a home user running WPA-Enterprise are slim to none. I can easily understand why your university uses it, but I'm afraid it means you're out of luck as far as minor wifi using devices go.

Quote:
Some Amazon Kindle models offer 3G support which provides constant store connectivity and syncing capabilities. I would not underestimate the profitability of that feature.
Profitability? You're kidding, right? Amazon's been taking a bath on the 3G support for years. It's a great pull to get people to buy the devices, but the only reason it's possible is that Amazon has extraordinarily deep pockets and can take the loss. Even then, they've taken measures to cut down the costs associated with Whispernet. You can't browse the web using the 3G anymore.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote