View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #463
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Thank you,

I tried to do a smaller batch even before reading your suggestions. With a batch of 40, it caused the same shutdown, and I thought it was caused by one of the books. Doing batches of 5, I managed to get through the 40 books without problems. I think from now on I'll stick to 15-20 books per batch.
thanks for the suggestions.
I'm mainly using Calibre as an offline repository for fanfic and I'm using FFDL to download books as epubs. I have two pdf only books (and have already used count pages on them), all the others (some 2300 books) have epub formats. I use epub as the default format.
Your laptop may have grown (looks like lint ) cooling issues and overheats on long crunches.
or the inactivity power management may have kicked in (er..Out)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote