View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #1077
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacbh View Post
Thanks for the quick answer. I have two more questions: is there a way to specify which pages not to process? Sometimes there are a few pages interspersed throughout the book that I prefer not to process. Specifying them directly would be easier. Also, does k2pdfopt handle metadata? It would be nice to set the internal title and author. Or does this information get passed along to the processed file?
There is not a way to specify pages to exclude at the moment. It would be an easy feature to implement. I think you've already figured this out, but for now you just have to specify the page ranges around the excluded pages, e.g. to exclude pages 10 and 73:

-p 1-9,11-72,74-

If you use native PDF output, all of the metadata (/Info strings) in the original file should be passed along to the converted file. With bitmap output, only the "Title" and "Author" /Info strings in the source PDF file are passed along to the output file, but other possible strings such as "Creator", "Subject", and "Keywords" are not (though I find that these are rarely populated). There is presently no way to specify this information (again, it wouldn't be hard to implement).
willus is offline   Reply With Quote