View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 03:53 AM   #5
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Wink Worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Starting with version 1.19, Kindle for PC (and Kindle for Mac) often uses the new KFX format, which is incompatible with calibre.

These books will appear in a subdirectory of the "My Kindle Content" folder, will import into calibre as "AZW" format, and will fail to convert with the error: "KFXError: This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed."

At the moment Kindle for PC version 1.17 is still available from Amazon and can be installed to work around this problem. I suggest following steps:
  • Launch Kindle for PC 1.19 and under the menu choice "Tools", "Options", "General", uncheck "Automatically install updates when they are available without asking me."
  • Exit Kindle for PC and uninstall it.
  • Delete the contents of the "My Kindle Content" folder within your "Documents" folder.
  • Download version 1.17 of Kindle for PC. It is safest to use the link in this post to download it directly from Amazon, instead of going to a third party site.
  • Install the downloaded Kindle for PC version 1.17.
  • Launch it and check that the option to automatically install updates is still turned off.
  • If asked if you want to update to the new version always reject it.
  • Re-download your books and import into calibre as before.

If you have an e-ink Kindle device registered to your Amazon account you have the option of downloading books directly from Amazon instead of using Kindle for PC.
  • From the Amazon website access "Account & Lists" -> "Manage Your Content and Devices".
  • Find a book you want to import into calibre and press the "..." button in the "Actions" column for that book.
  • In the menu that pops up choose "Download & transfer via USB". Then select the name of your registered kindle device in the drop down menu and press the "Download" button.
  • Import the downloaded file into calibre as you would a file from Kindle for PC. You will need to select the proper folder containing the downloaded file. (This folder will be different from the "My Kindle Content" folder used by Kindle for PC.)

Note: Users of the DRM Tools should refer to Apprentice Alf's Blog for information on the configuration required to support books downloaded for an e-ink Kindle.
This has worked well for me thanks
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote