View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #54
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
@Graham:

In this case I must say that I'm more in agreement with gmw. I think it'd be better to create a discussion thread rather than take it completely off of MobileRead. If there is something that needs to be discussed that could be a really big spoiler, one could just discuss it by e-mail or PM.

I agree that the stories and the anthology shouldn't be too long; 80,000 words at the least, but no more than 160,000. We could indeed add a (small) foreword, a bit about the authors, and MobileRead to give some background information about the project.

We could also add an introduction, mission statement, preface, summary, prologue, epilogue, afterword, and closure to flesh out the work

@gmw: agreed; reading an 8K word story is about 20 pages, which would take me half an hour to read at normal speed, but it would take longer if reviewing it; let's say, an hour. Then there need to be comments and corrections, and maybe a complete re-read later on.

I'm starting to feel that 8K is the uppermost limit (possibly split between two stories) that we should adhere to.

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote