View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
And don't forget that Amazon gives the publisher only about 30% or so on each book sold but keeps the rest. So if Apple wants to stiff Amazon for 30% that still leaves the a$$holes with 40%, which is more than the publisher/author gets. That is really darn good money for Amazon considering they don't do a darn thing to earn it other than allow the author to list their books. (Well at least in my case, I think I get about 30$ from the sales.)
The royalty is 70% for publishers who price their books between 2.99 and 9.99, at least 20 percent cheaper than the lowest physical list price, available in all regions the author has rights, has full kindle store capabilities(like text to speech), and no more expensive than it is in other stores. For books that don't meet that criteria, the royalty is 35% minus delivery costs (15 cents per megabyte, always rounded up).

Last edited by spellbanisher; 08-09-2013 at 03:48 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote