View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I didn't know that! I think that's stupid! If I've made changes to a book as I'm developing it I want the new settings to be in force, not what I've just corrected. And I certainly don't want the settings for the poetry book I'm working on now to be the settings for the novel I might do next.
It is a little different, but I don't completely disagree with it. I like that I save the settings for each book. And I like I can change the default settings. But, the latter is done in a not that obvious way. I would like a way to deliberately save default settings and then reload these when I want to.
Quote:
I've had endless trouble with authors for whom I've developed mobi ebooks. Unless they do as I ask them and remove all traces of the previous version the new version won't overwrite the previous version. So they don't see the changes or correction I've made. If I understand you correctly I'm likely to have the same problem with Kobo owners.
As a software developer, I completely understand the problem. And that's why I might seem a little pedantic in my statements above.

For the Kobo owners, telling them to delete the book using the device should be enough. This will remove the book and details from the database. When they load it again, it uses their current default settings. If they are a calibre user, they can delete it from the device using calibre and send it again. If they just send it, then the device might delete it when it processes new books after disconnection. It checks the file size, and if this is different that what it has recorded, it removes the book.

With that comment, something you might be interested in is the annotations. Any annotations made on the device to an ePub are stored in a file. These are under "Digital Editions\Annotations". Look for a file with the extension "annot" and the same directory and file names as the epub. You can copy these between the Kobo devices as long as all the names are kept the same. That way someone can make annotations while reading the book, and you can see them. You can also use it with ADE on the PC, but that is a little trickier.
Quote:
And yes, for consistency all the testing was on one ebook.
I thought so, but see my comment about being pedantic above
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote