View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
ichrispa
Enthusiast
ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.ichrispa shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo Touch
You'd feel right at home here in germany. Just barely above 0°C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor

The meaning of 6 and 9 isn't correct. There is a ContentType 6 row for every item on the device except the newspapers. This describes the item. It doesn't matter the type of book or if it s an image or HTML or something else. Other columns describe the type of book. Look at MimeType for the type,

The ContentType 9 row describes the chapters in the book. For an epubs this is the TOC. It doesn't matter if the chapters are in a single file in the epub, or separate files. It is one 9 per chapter. For other types, there is usually one 9 record.
In that case my kobo would be recognizing a whole lot of books that consist of a single chapter. More precicesly PDF Documents get registered as a single chapter while epubs would not contain a chapter at all!? I can't agree with you here davidfor. I believe that the ContentType is closely linked with the MimeType, possibly extending it's meaning beyond that of "which filetype is the document".

9 could just as well be "fixed formatted document" or something alike. But I don't think it is a chapter. Chapters get referenced by their document name, the html file in the zipped epub and the head anchor - but even those are flagged the same contenttype as the epub file itself.

Quote:
For a kepubs, there are also ContentType 899 rows. As with the 9 rows, these seem to be TOC entries. These are new. I think they started being created with 2.2.0. The 899's have the chapter title, but the 9's have the file names. The TOC and navigation use these somehow.
I see that contenttype as well. And I can't use it As soon as something becomes a kepub.epub, my reader won't open it anymore.

Quote:
ContentType 10 appears to be for newspapers and the articles in them. They seem to be either epubs or kepubs. But they have a multilevel structure that is reflected in the database. The "BookId" is used to do this.
[/I]
When a kepub get's detected, it is CT 899; but when I force it back to 10 (which does make it a newspaper), it does not end up in the newspaper section... it remains in books. And it crashes the reader when clicked.

Turning something into a newspaper so far only works with normal epubs for me.
ichrispa is offline   Reply With Quote