View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I really have to train my eye. I did not notice any tight spacing for the fake. Is there any reason for this? And is it coming from a special entity using 0.75em?
You probably don't notice because it's the right space for uppercase letters, but everything scaled down to 75%. With true smallcaps, however, only the letters are scaled down (sort of), but spaces remain the normal size. It's probably more noticeable in a text with mixed normal and smallcaps pieces. Make it more extreme:

Code:
<span style="font-size:20%">THIS IS A TEST</span>
<span style="font-size:20%">THIS</span> <span style="font-size:20%">IS</span> <span style="font-size:20%">A</span> <span style="font-size:20%">TEST</span>
and you'll see the difference in spacing.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote