View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I refused to be coerced into buying a new reader by the built-in obsolescence of a difficult to replace battery. So I persuaded a techie friend to change the battery of my prs 505. I bought the replacement battery for very little from Amazon, and he used tools he had handy. I printed out an MS Word doc which I obtained from MR and some pages of a PDF which detailed the relevant parts of the 505 (the pdf was also available from MR).

But I did think that Sony had made the battery so hard to replace to encourage me to spend money on a new model! Why not just have a compartment, easily accessed, where the old battery can be slipped out and a new one slipped in; at most, just a couple of screws to undo?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote