Thread: PW battery
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

The way they advertised the PW I thought the light would not be necessary during daylight reading in a well lit room, much like EVERY FRICKING Kindle I've owned before. And yes if I want that lovely brownish background I can read it at light level 0 in a well lit room, but then it looks like (or worse than) EVERY FRICKING Kindle I've owned before. With light at 0 there is absolutely no white to the background whatever! I also assumed it would have a small amount of lighting to accomplish what we needed to read in darker areas. After all I never had to use both of my MightBright LEDs at the same time, one was always sufficient. I had no idea this thing would be packing 4 LEDs and could be used for a flashlight at night. After using it now for about one week, I'm not surprised it sucks down the battery so fast. It needs lots of light to give us that BS illusion of having a "white screen"! Hell, I can make my Touch screen look white with enough light.

I truly like the form factor and all, but Amazon really turned out a mediocre Paperwhite that is no where close to their advertised hype. I'll keep it simply because there is no other alternative to a self-lit eInk e-reader. To be honest I was much more excited after I got my Touch and started using it than I am with the Paperwhite--I feel more let down than anything.