Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #1255
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
Hard-cover issue ==> beware !!

Guys, a few weeks ago I reported some issues with the Kobo becoming touch-unsensitive when left alone for lets say > 30 minutes in sleep mode. Thinking this was a hardware issue, I returned it to the shop and got a new one .. first I thought all was OK, but then when putting the device in the 'hard-cover' I bought, the issue popped up again.
I finally discovered that when closing the cover, there was an 'inside-pocket' in the cover that constantly touched the screen when the cover was closed. This somehow caused the issue as when I just 'cut-out' this pocket (so that the screen isn't touched when the cover is closed) the problem went away.
This was repeatable behavior as also the Kobo I bought for my sister-in-law had exactly the same issue (with the same resolution of cutting-out the pocket of the hard-cover).\

Thought I wanted to let you guys know as this was a 'hard-to-find' issue (and also 'hard-to-explain' as one would expect that in sleep-mode, the touch-screen would be completely insensitive but apparently constant-touches still trigger some software-activity rendering the device insensitive after a prolongued time.

PS> thanks also for replying to my 'margin-questions', using Calibre to convert epubs w.r.t. setting 'no-margins' and filtering existing margin/font settings works excellent and now all epubs behave alike w.r.t. initial font-sizes and responsiveness to margin/font commands by the touch itself rather than relying on the 'baked-in' settings in the epub.

Cheers,
Hans
I have never experienced that behavior, and my cover has a similar pocket that touches the screen when closed.

Out of curiosity, do you simply close the cover and let your Touch automatically enter sleep mode on its own? In my case, I always enter sleep mode manually because I found that simply closing the cover would cause page turns, which annoyed me. That could account for our different experiences.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote