View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
"Offers"? Do you mean it's actually optional to update the firmware? (unlike Kobo where connecting to their desktop software or syncing via wi-fi will force firmware updates on you, whether you want them or not) Been considering a move to Sony, and research is always nice before a $100+ investment. :P
My Sony 950 had an update available over the air after I bought it and yes, it was optional, unlike my original Nook.

So if the T2 is like that, nice! I vastly prefer being able to do a little Googling to see if an update is a good thing before installing.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote