View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #57
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
And that means? Should I backup something before updating?

As regards the guide, I'm far too tired to write it now! I'll send you the link asap (tomorrow?)
You can make a backup copy with ssh command:

dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K|gzip>/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img.gz

No rush on the guide. Take your time and do it well.

@knc1: This is just one of many ways to do it. It is how I would do it. I even tested it before posting it (just like I usually do). I am not demanding that anybody do it my way. I am not limiting options. I am not closing peoples minds. I like to think that I am giving more options and opening minds. I like to think that I am providing creative positive stimulation. I like to AVOID side-tracking people into dead-end pedantic discussions about choice of terminology, or other ways of doing what I did, that may not even work on the kindle. I and others appreciate your POSITIVE on-topic contributions, and we would like to see more.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-29-2012 at 04:44 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote