View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #35
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I would like to see an SF series in which India dominates or is a leading nation as humanity moves out into space. It would be a refreshing variation on the old trope where mostly or even ONLY people of European descent make it into the future. Yes, I know things are changing but more work needs to be done in overthrowing the John Campbell stereotype where the only Nordic ideal inherits the future.
Yeah, at one point in time I'd worked up a Star Trek story which had as its backstory a documentation of genocides during the eugenics wars which resulted in a racial distribution on earth which matched that which was seen in the cast. Never got past a rough outline unfortunately.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote