View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
I'm all in favour of the customisation hacks that allow you to do things that the native software doesn't, but this one smells like cheating. You have made a deal with Amazon for a cheap, fully functional, Kindle and all they ask in return is that they can show you ads in the screen-savers and home page (that you can ignore anyway). Disabling those ads seems wrong to me.
I agree. You've voluntarily agreed to accept the advertising and (effectively) been paid $25 to do so. By disabling them, you're not fulfilling your side of the contract.