View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I may be able to speak English (seeing as it's my native tongue), but when it comes to writing it down I can never figure out the correct way of formatting punctuation in documents.

My main issue is with italic or emphasised text. Do I include it within the <i></i>/<em></em> tags or leave it outside of them.

Are there also any cases where it doesn't matter.

Also I have books in British English as well as American English, so if you are able to provide any info for this, please and you state for which language it's for.
I speak American English, but the following should also apply to British English. When it comes to formatting with HTML, I treat a punctuation mark as part of the word that it is next to. As an example, with a period at the end of a sentence, I'd put the closing tag after the period rather than between the sentence's last word and the period.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote