View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Just a comment from a consumer. I purchase through Smashwords due to the multiple formats available, no DRM, and no geographic restrictions.

I have friends with Kindles who look through the Smashwords site for new books & authors, look it up on Amazon, then whispernet the book to their Kindle through Amazon. Go Figure. Their reasons (all but one said) it's easy to get it on their Kindle with whispernet & it keeps all their purchases and books in one place. The other one said she used Smashwords because she had a Sony (travel) and a Kindle (home) and she only had to buy it once through Smashwords to use it on both Readers.

So, I don't think a lower sales number through Smashwords always means less exposure.
I have a kindle, and I prefer to buy books on Smashwords in order to save the $2 surcharge... If I'm planning to read/buy 100 books this year that would cost an extra $200 if I bought from Amazon (even the FREE books cost me $2) ...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote