View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #638
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinetici View Post
Of course It is just an example, maybe an exaggerated one, but I'm just pointing out how even the best workaround logical alternatives you can come up with will not be real solutions. And the solution is so simple, if only the header or low bar displayed the real number of pages x/y.
I actually like the pages per chapter. Easier to see if I am going to be able to finish the chapter before falling asleep or not.

Ebooks are far from being really useable for academic purposes. There are no "real" numbers of pages, only estimations. And sometimes page 145 means two page turns into page 145 - but only at a certain font size.

If you need to quote something or have other people follow back and forth in chapters, printed books are still best. Or PDF, maybe, but those are currently not very useable on E-Ink readers.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote