View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #171
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
People get around this limitation my using metadata plugboards to insert the series into the title upon send to device. Read this sticky thread.
Yes, indeed. Thank you for the lesson. There is, however, yet another problem that needs some tweaking:
(a) A book in three parts, that are also members of a series. For example, Winnetou has three volumes, each with a different name. The title of each book would be "Winnetou 1. Title" and so on. The right formatting on the cover would be to break the line at dot and not write the dot, and write the title as "Title<br>Winnetou 1".

(b) A different example, two books, the second being the continuation of the first. However, they have different titles. Here I am still thinking at a logical naming scheme: "First title 1" and "First title 2. Second title".

It would be logical to use the custom text field, but (a) I did not find yet the right pattern to be used in both dot titles and dotless titles, and (b) I did not find a way to use ONLY the custom text field as the cover, and include the image as part of the custom text field.

Thank you for the help.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote