View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Usually though, because of that there would be extra spaces on some lines so that it will stretch all the way to the right margin. I am not seeing that in your screenshot.
Yes, I agree it is odd that this stretching out of the text, with some spacing between words to make the right even, doesn't appear anywhere.

When full justification (thanks for supplying the correct technical term!) uses these extra spaces, it usually does not cause extra hyphenation, which is why I said it is hard for me to decide which causes more hyphenation. But with it packed in like his screenshot shows, that does seem like it would cause more, although his example doesn't show much.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote