Thread: PRS-505 PRS-505: Battery or Screen?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf View Post
jakeluck - I thought I had bricked mine last time I took it apart. Unless you can see damage to the ribbon cables its most likely just a loose connection. Take the clear plastic spacers off the clips, reseat the cables and lock them in place, before replacing the spacers.
Yup, I have disassembled/reassembled my 505 5-6 times since, trying various
types of reseat, I even gone as far as cutting 1cm off the front so the contacts will make connection at a different part of the ribbon cable. No Dice. Conspiracy sure suggest some kind of Sony boobytrap, given their past practice, I am not particular surprised.

The good news is that I was able to remap the buttons by modifying PRS+
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115275

Now I found a new use with my Li Polymer upgraded 505, lend your books
to your friend, physically !
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote