Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 AM   #90
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi rvs,

What I did not do for this patch is to create a schema file for the extra keys that are used for the last-app functionality. I wonder if that could cause some of the problems. gconf-data is not overwritten when a new firmware is installed, so people that had the 'RecentFiles'-patch of firmware R1.7.1 installed would still have the correct keys in gconf (including me).
If the keys are not in gconf that would also mean that the 'last-app' functionality is not working. Did you have an opertunity to check it?
(Although, I forgot to handle SD-card removal in the current patch, so I am not using gconf during card-removal at this moment...)

See that attached file for the schema file of the R1.7.1 patch, you would need to copy it into the _mackxpatch/schema folder and add the following lines to _apply.sh (make sure you use an editor that is 'Unix-line-ending-aware'):
Code:
	/bin/cp -f ./schemas/open_files.schemas /etc/gconf/schemas/open_files.schemas
	gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/open_files.schemas
(I attached a modified _apply.sh)

I will add them for the next update of the patch.

The missing keys in gconf could explain the black-screen during start-up, the keys are read and maybe the code (that I added) does not handle the 'keys not available' situation correctly, causing a crash of (the patched) ctb...
If this is the real problem, the code above should solve that.
(Unfortunately I still have no explanaition for the problems when removing the SD-card.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip open_files.zip (511 Bytes, 269 views)
File Type: zip _apply.zip (1.8 KB, 259 views)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote