View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Onyx is an obvious choice when you want Android, but I consider the lack of a physical home button (and overall lack of configuration options for the physical buttons) a major design flaw. In Onyx you have to keep pressing the Back button if you want to get out of the app and back to the home page, and depending on the app it may be very many presses. There is a Home button on the screen though (not always).

Another thing that comes close to a design flaw with Onyx is that it starts up slowish and needs to re-index the whole library at startup. If you are ready to spend at least a minute from startup until you get into a book on the device, then it's okay.

Every device has its quirks and Onyx has quirks like this. Otherwise very good to have Android and try different apps on Playstore, and the inbuilt reading app is wonderfully functional too, so I am getting along quite well with the Onyx I have.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote