View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
pavelh
Zealot
pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pavelh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD
How much text can we cram onto the screen of an e-reader?

Hi and thanks for reading my post,
I am in the process of getting ready for my first e-reader and this (see Title) is an issue I find quite important yet very difficult to actually figure out. It appears to me that e-readers usually display text in quite big letters and therefore only very little text is actually displayed. I compared some on-line photos with pages of a regular books and the book page would always contain much, much more text. Especially with smaller devices like 5" or 6" ones. I find it strange because even at the lowest resolution (I think) available - 800x600 pixels one can display a lot of text on the Windows screen (w/o antialiasing or so called ClearType that is). Is my suspicion correct, pls? Is there something on-line that I could check perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any kind help!

Best regards,

PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote