View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
SandManSlim
SandManSlim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
ok, so I re-uploaded my calibre library from my wifi device to the calibre library on my pc. I tried automatic management, and it is still taking around 40 - 50 minutes to send metadata.

It might be because I changed the tags(Im_reading) for every one of my books. The reason I am doing that is because the "im currently reading list" on my device doesn't show up correctly if I don't have the tags closed, read, or Im_currently reading tagged to all of my books). I was actually going off an earlier post that you made in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you have "Metadata management" set to on the "Sending books to devices" page of the calibre preferences? It sounds like you have it set to automatic. Using automatic, the current driver will reset the reading status of all books except the ones with the tags "Im_Reading", "Read" or "Closed". And it will reset the shortlist unless the book has the tag "Shortlist". If you don't want this to happen, change this option to "manual".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192688

You may be wondering why I just don't switch to manual. Well I like being able to change the metadata on the fly without having to send another copy of the book to the device, while deleting the older copy. The other reason is that my "currently reading" section also gets screwed up(just like if I don't have the correct tags in auto management, all my "read" books become 99%, or my currently reading is not saving) when I use manual management. Is there something I need to change in manual management to correct this issue?

I have not tried transferring something with manual management yet, so I do not know if it takes 40 minutes for the metadata as well, but I will check that out.

Last but not least, my Kobo is still trying to process something regardless of whether or not I change anything in it's library. I am under the assumption that I might just need to hard reset the device to get rid of this issue at least.

I will be trying calibre in debug mode tonight, I will upload the log when it is finished.

Last edited by SandManSlim; 11-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.
SandManSlim is offline   Reply With Quote