View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Well I've finally made some progress.

I took the suggestion to try different code pages. CP1252 replaced the missing apostrophe/single quotes, but prefixed them all with An "A" with a caret on top.

I then used the Calibre "tweak ePub" function to open the source files, then did a search & replace on all the unneeded characters. A bit of hassle, but I seem to have a serviceable novel.
Thank you to all who posted suggestions! I'd be lost without your help.

Try another code page:
That one was not the right one if that was what you saw. (closer )

Give this help section a look over.
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/conversion.html
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote