View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #39
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
The same kids who read p-books will read e-books. If the format leads them to obvious advantages... like, say, being able to carry their entire collection of books with them... I think kids will be on e-books like a house afire. If they like those advantages enough, even high prices won't keep them out.

If e-book reading devices lead to further advantages in other media... say, color, multimedia, saving clips from e-magazines... the e-magazine readers may "discover" e-books and add them to their burgeoning collection.
My question was a rhetorical answer to the previous post pointing to the involvement of a notoriously poorer segment of the population that has a marked need for mobile reading. Kid's access to them.
My daughter who reads the most hates computers with a passion but likes my reader. My son dreads reading but is an avid gamer, he couldn't care less for a reader even if it was only ten bucks.

When the reader replaces the 'actual' computers, (note that I said 'actual' because computer functions will evolve too) It will be imperative that they be easily and affordably put in the hands of young ones. If not the disparity of knowlege from rich to poor will only further on and grow to major social cataclysm; and I weighted my words here. The pressure in the pot is already quite high, just take a deep look at the last incidents that took place in France. There are other hot spots around the world that could easily flame in the same ways.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote