View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #70
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
...Now if I decide to publish it, I am guaranteed the right that no one else will copy it for profit...
Actually no one other than the rights holder has the right to copy for almost any reason at all, and that for a very long period of time. If that were not so then the illicit downloading, and hence sharing, on torrent sharing sites, for example, would not be legislated against as those sharing make no profit nor even any revenue.

That said, in my own country the legislation is structured so that there is a financial and procedural disincentive for copyright holders to take action against casual downloaders of illicit works. Intended or not, the legislation here results in giving an "informal right" for "the many" should they choose to download.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 10-24-2017 at 08:39 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote